August 10, 2021
Maedi Tanham Carney
Founder & Executive Director, ILO
We Did It!
I am truly humbled by the hard work everyone did in raising donations, finding riders and volunteers, organizing the aid station, getting the word out and completing the Bike to the Beach ride whether it was 25, 50 or 100 miles.
Because of your efforts, you helped us pull off the most successful ILO Fundraiser in our history. Please know your hard work making this such a successful event will help every one of our self-advocates.
With the Bike to the Beach donations, we will be able to add community activities to help the self-advocates thrive in their independence and become more integrated in their community.
I am so honored to be surrounded by so many amazing people. You are what makes ILO what it is today. I look forward to seeing everyone at other ILO events and 2022 Bike to the Beach.
Bike to the Beach News!
EXCEEDED ALL GOALS AND EXPECTATIONS!
Amazing RIDERS, VOLUNTEERS, DONORS & STAFF!
WHAT A TEAM! Thank you. Thank You. Thank You.
Come Join Us!
Each year ILO families come together for an amazing picnic and spending time together sharing, caring, and having fun while enjoying the outdoors.
Whether you belong to ILO or not, everyone is welcome. This is a great opportunity to meet ILO’s self-advocates and their families and to learn more about independent living for individuals with development disabilities.
$40 covers your t-shirt plus food and drink at the picnic.
9 a.m. – Start gathering at Carderock Recreation Area Pavilion
9:30 a.m. – Hangout and visit with others at the pavilion, or hike or bike to Great Falls (8 miles RT or as far as you want)
11 a.m. – 1 p.m. – BBQ at picnic area and pavilion
Contact Us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor or Donate
Become a Sponsor or Donor
Sarah – August 4th
Rachel – August 14th
Vinay – August 26th
Ben – September 28th
Paul – September 30th
Where we’re going!
- Dave & Busters
- Movie night!
- Travel – Pittsburgh, Atlantic City, New Jersey, California, Rehoboth Beach, Disney World, Lake Anna, and Seattle
- Brunch at iHop (a favorite)
- NY Style Pizza at the Corner Slice – Bandit Taco, mm . . . .
What we’re looking forward to:
- ILO’s trip to Six Flags in September
- World Comic Book Day in August
- Medieval Times Dinner Theatre
- Miniature golfing
- Pot luck dinners
- Montgomery County Fair
- Learning to cook beef Stroganoff
- Trying recipes in Robert’s Instapot
- Bowling (Social Sundays coming in October, November and December)
- Having dinner at the Barking Mad Cafe
Reaching Out – How We Do It:
- Calling to check on one another
- Stoping by someone’s apartment just to say hello.
- Inviting someone for a walk or getting a sandwich at Subway.
- Inviting someone over to watch a movie or eat a meal.
- Playing cards or Simon