What is ILO?
Integrated Living Opportunities (ILO) is a 501c3 certified non-profit that operates in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. A progressive alliance of self-advocates (adults with disabilities) and their families, ILO is dedicated to creating supported, integrated and inclusive communities in which self-advocates can live independently, yet supported.
For more information about ILO, including our Vision, our Mission and our History, please visit the About Us page on our website: www.ilonow.org.
What is ILO Community Group?
The ILO Community Group is a unique, all ages, members-only group that operates within the wider ILO community. This group was created to bring together individuals with disabilities who wish to join the ILO community, but may not be ready to participate in ILO training, or actively prepare for independent living at this time.
Families and individuals with disabilities that join the ILO group will be welcomed into an inclusive, supportive and supported community that facilitates the development of meaningful relationships. Community Group members make meaningful connections and build relationships that help develop their own network of support – and networks of support are the cornerstone of ILO’s community building philosophy.
Benefits of Joining ILO’s Community Group
In addition to becoming a part of the ILO network, Community Group members learn about self-advocacy, community living, and independence. Members participate in social and recreational activities organized by ILO, in partnership with Edlavitch DCJCC, (Jewish Community Center in Washington, D.C.) and connect with other individuals with disabilities. Through these connections members develop friendships and become part of the wider community.
ILO Community Member Benefits:
• Welcome package, including information on ILO’s Supported Communities
• Monthly recreational/social activities organized in partnership with Edlavitch DCJCC.
• Annual Community Group Reception
• Access to adult workshops, on a variety of topics. Examples include (but aren’t limited to) supported decision making, estate planning, what is a supported community and the impact of the community builder, types of loan programs for individuals with disabilities, etc.
• Early access to Skills Inventory™, a detailed assessment of daily living skills in the community and in the home. This assessment is the basis for preparing the self-advocate for independent living and for those advocates already out of the family home, for maintaining skills and developing new ones.
• Access to a members-only chat room where families and members can discuss challenges, seek advice, share successes and further develop the connections formed at community group events.
• Access to members-only resource page that provides valuable information on advocacy, transitioning, housing, independent living, special needs planning, etc.
ILO Community Group Annual Cost
ILO is a non-profit dedicated to serving individuals with disabilities and their families in the DC area. As such, a membership cost is in place solely to cover the cost of organization and benefits. The Community Group is an ideal way for individuals with disabilities and their families to begin building the connections and networks of support needed for individuals to live independently, without having to commit to ILO training.
The ILO Community Group membership fee is $180 annually, billed on the anniversary date of joining. For 50 cents a day, your family and family member with disabilities can join an inclusive community of like-minded individuals who want to lead full, rewarding, independent lives.
Please contact us with any questions you may have. We would love to meet with you and your family member with disabilities to discuss how the ILO Community Group is beneficial to all individuals with disabilities. We would also love the opportunity to introduce you to our ILO community.
Join ILO Community Group today!
If you are interested in joining ILO Community group please complete the form below. Once you have completed the form and paid you annual membership fee, you will receive an welcome email that contains login details to access the members-only web content, chat room, and resources. You will also receive a list of ILO Community Group events.