2022 Bike to the Beach – ILO’s Biggest Fundraiser!
Hello ILO Community!
It’s getting warm in DC, so it’s time to think about ILO’s biggest fundraiser of the year, Bike to the Beach. ILO has joined with Bike to the Beach (B2B) as a local non-profit partner for the fourth year.
B2B was founded in 2006 as a charity that raised money for autism research, awareness, and outreach through a bike ride from DC to the Delaware Shore. B2B has since expanded to 7 cities and is no longer just the host of charity bike events, but is a community made up of individuals, cyclists, local organizations, advocates, philanthropists, corporate companies, and national partners.
As a local non-profit partner, ILO has the opportunity to participate in this community, and, importantly, raise money that directly benefits ILO. Last year we were the leading fundraising team and raised over $50,000 for ILO.
With your help, we hope to retain our number one spot and beat that number this year! In addition, with the help of over 12 ILO family volunteers, ILO was awarded a $3,000 grant for hosting a rest stop.
Come Join Us!
There are many fun ways in which you can participate.
- Ride on Friday July 29th. There are four ride options: 100, 70, 50 or 25 miles. The 100-mile ride starts in DC and ends in Dewey Beach, and the shorter options start at various points along the way. The ride is fully supported with directions, rest stops, water, etc. and there is a fun party at the end. I usually spend the weekend at the beach with my family, but many people take the B2B supplied bus back to DC in the evening. All riders are expected to raise a minimum of $500 in sponsorships, and each rider gets an individual fundraising webpage upon registration.
- Volunteer to host a rest stop. As a local partner, we are expected to host a rest stop, and ILO can earn $3,000 for our efforts. I think this is a great way to engage siblings and other family members that may not be interested in riding. We are looking for somebody or a family to step up and lead this initiative.
- Participate in local training rides. We plan to involve the ILO community in various ways this spring and summer during our training rides. More to come on this later.
- Spread the word. The more riders we have, the better! Please reach out to your network of friends and family to spread the word and recruit riders for our team.
- Support us! If you’d like to contribute to our cause, please visit:
Come Ride with Us!
If you’re ready to register for the ride, you can do so at www.biketothebeach.org. Choose the DC ride and, when asked, don’t forget to join ILO’s team. If you register before April 30th you can get 50% off the registration fee by using the code: PartnerILO50.
Please send your interest or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get you going.
Join Us for Hike, Bike and BBQ and Meet ILO’s New Executive Director
ILO InsightsMaedi Tanham Carney Founder & Executive Director, ILO I don't even have the words to thank everyone who has supported me on this wonderful journey. I am incredibly grateful. May 2023..Join Us Sunday and Help Launch the Next Era of ILO! I have met him...